News Transcript Schedule, February 23
• The Manalapan-Englishtown The Regional School District School Board will hold the following meetings: March 1, 7:00 p.m., Wemrock Brook School, 118 Millhurst Road, Manalapan, Permanent Art Collection Presentation and Budget Workshop; and March 15, 7:30 p.m., Wemrock Brook School, 118 Millhurst Road, Manalapan, regular action meeting. Meetings are open to the public.
• A new scholarship will begin March 5 from 6-7 p.m. at Morganville United Methodist Church, 215 Conover Road, Marlboro. Pizza with God features a pizza meal followed by music and devotions with crafts for young people. Come as you are and bring a dessert to share. The program will take place on the first Saturday of each month. Registration is requested on the church’s Facebook page, but is not required to attend. Details: Harry Cross, 908-770-6607.
• Monmouth County Officials have scheduled the following paper shredding events: August 6, Freehold Borough, Park Avenue Elementary School, 280 Park Ave. ; September 24, Marlboro Municipal Complex, 1979 Township Drive; Oct. 1, Colts Neck, City Hall parking lot, 124 Cedar Drive; October 8, Freehold Township Municipal Building, 1 Municipal Plaza. All shredding events will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. County residents can shred up to 100 pounds of documents. Large binder clips should be removed from documents; staples and paper clips can remain. Information about paper shredding events and recycling is available on the recycling section of the county website, www.visitmonmouth.com, or call 732-683-8686, ext. 8967.
• Monmouth County The Park System National Seed Swap Day will take place on February 26 from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Tatum Park Red Hill Activity Center, Red Hill Road, Middletown. This event invites local gardeners to swap their vegetable, annual, perennial and native seeds for something new. Details are available at www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or by calling 732-872-2670.
• Freehold High School The Class of 1972 will celebrate their 50 year class reunion on July 23 at the American Hotel, Freehold Borough. Tickets are $85 per person and must be purchased in advance. no tickets will be sold at the door. The deadline for purchasing tickets is July 13. For more information, contact Sue Shrott by email at [email protected] or call 732-995-7754.
• Monmouth County The library offers six courses accessible at any time and without prior registration on Virtual Yoga, highlighting breathing, movement, stretching and other activities. Each program is offered at https://ly/MonCoLibraryYoga. Programs are offered by Steven Russell of Becoming Sound. Those interested can choose their own path with moves from six of the most popular library video course series. The sessions are yoga breathing; yoga stretches; yogic movement; Yoga stretches with support; Yoga at home on the floor; and Standing Home Yoga. Individuals should consult a physician before beginning any exercise program.
• Jewish heritage The Monmouth County Museum presents The Jewish-American Experience: Connecting Jewish Institutions Together, a series of Zoom programs featuring representatives from Jewish museums across the country. The program schedule includes the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest, Feb. 27 at 2 p.m. Admission is $5 per program. To receive the Zoom link, call 732-252-6990 or visit http://www.jhmomc.org
• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of the New York Blood Center, is looking for volunteers to assist donors at area blood drives. No medical training necessary. Volunteers must be open to providing friendly customer service, be able to complete tasks as needed, and must provide proof of COVID vaccination prior to volunteering. Must have transportation. All training is provided, including precautions to be taken for the safety of staff and blood donors. For more information, call or text Sharon Zetts at 732-850-8906, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To apply online as a blood donor volunteer, go to https://www.nybc.org/support-us/benevole-nybc/benevolat-application/
• Embroiderer’s Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of sewing. The organization welcomes embroiderers of all levels. The evening embroiderers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day embroiderers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit the website: www.mcega. org
• CentraState Medical The Center has launched a new online bereavement support group led by clinical social workers who are licensed and certified in grief counseling to help people who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The group is open to adult members of the community who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Private groups provide a safe, non-judgmental space for participants to share their emotions and struggles. The group meets via Zoom on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 3 p.m. To register, call 732-303-5170 or email [email protected] or [email protected]
• Samaritan Center, a joint ministry of St. Thomas More and Old Tennent Presbyterian Churches, operates a food pantry to provide extra food to people in need in Manalapan, Marlboro, Englishtown and Millstone Township. For more information, call 732-446-1142 and make an appointment. Cash and food donations are gratefully accepted to support the operation of the center. Volunteers are always welcome.
Agenda items can be sent to [email protected] Please send items at least two weeks before a scheduled event.